My mommy and daddy. Look mommy is on the ball, I love that thing.
Mommy and daddy telling me they were coming to get me.
I love my Daddy's finger
Ok, so mommy, daddy and I are on our way to the hospital. I keep telling mommy every 5 minutes that I am ready to come and see her. She introduced me to my favorite new toy…the exercise ball. I love it when mom rocks and rolls on that thing. Then grandma and grandpa Cody came to help mommy too. My mommy was screaming sometimes, especially when the nurse tried to feel for my head. That really made mommy mad. I was really glad that mommy decided to get something called an epidural. I didn’t like causing mommy (and daddy) so much pain. Mommy and daddy had this real nice lady Vanessa help with me coming into the world. She was a super big help, especially when things got a little crazy scary for everyone – she helped calm them down…
Then after 9 hours my cord kept getting in my way, and the doctors decided that I am coming out through something called a c-section. The doctors told mom to explain what they were going to do, and she said “you are going to cut me open and rip her out of me.” Wow, I cannot wait for that. We met Doctor Church and Dr. Proffitt – I think that means that God is on our side.
They took us to a really bright room and gave mommy some more medicine so she didn’t get hurt. I was stuck pretty far down and I just felt the doctors pulling on my legs. Then all of the sudden, I started to scream-“I’m here!!! I’m here!!! Daddy daddy, I love you. Where is my mommy? Oh look there is grandma. Sweet, we are painting with my feet, this is pretty cool. Why are you putting this thing around my head. Yuck what is all of this white gunk on my body, get it off of me. I want my mommy, oh wait there is daddy’s hand, I want to hold my daddy’s hand.”
(Note to self, not recommended to be born on the day of a new moon and a lunar eclipse that was the longest total solar eclipse during the 21st century, not to be surpassed until June 2132. If you are born on that day, you will end up in the overflow rooms).
(Note to self, not recommended to be born on the day of a new moon and a lunar eclipse that was the longest total solar eclipse during the 21st century, not to be surpassed until June 2132. If you are born on that day, you will end up in the overflow rooms).
Here is the account of the day (Thanks to Vanessa)
2:00 am Mom’s water breaks. It’s baby day! Mom is 37.3 weeks
3:40 am Mom and Dad arrive at Overland Park Regional Maternity. RN: Meghan Brown
3:59 am Exam show mom is 0cm/0% effaced/-2 station! (in other words, this is going to be a long baby day
4:09 am IV placed after 3rd attempt, fluids started
5:50 am Mom labors on birthing ball. Antibiotics started (we didn’t have the results of the step b test so they started antibiotics anyway)
7:00 am New nurse Dana McNiel checks in (She was awesome)
9:00 am Mom requests epidural to help her relax
9:03 am Epidural procedure started (being short made it a little difficult)
9:04 am Epidual procedure completed (I would have to say that might be the wrong time, because mommy remembers going through at least 2 contracts before the epidural went in).
9:05 am Vanessa Flood, Doula, arrives for Baby Day
9:41 am Exam shows mom is 3cm/80% effaced/-2 station. Foley catheter placed
9:50 am 2nd dose of antibiotics started. Mom resting on left side
10:10 am Mom’s friend, Deena, visits
10:27 am Mom turns to right side. Fetal heart rate drops for eight minutes. Mom turned to hands and knees position. IV bolus is given along with oxygen to buffer mom and baby. Vanessa prepares mom and dad "In 30 seconds 5 nurses are going to run in here, it will all be ok."
10:35 am mom rests on right side. Baby recovers. Dr. Younglove reviews monitor stripand visits
10:48 am Dr. Church checks in
11:27 am Mom rests on left side. Fetal heart rates drops again for four minutes. Baby recovers
11:29 am Exam shows mom is 3 cm/90% effaced/-2 station
12:29 pm Fetal heart rate drops for five minutes. Exam shows mom is 4cm/90% effaced/-2 station. Dr. Proffit is paged. While mom and dad talk to their daughter. “We love you baby girl. Come on up. Let go of your cord.” Baby’s heart rate returns to normal.
12:44 pm Mom, Dad, and Dr. Profitt decide a cesarean is the safest way to deliver this baby. Mom and Dad sign consents. mom is prepped. Dr. Henderson, anesthesiologist here.
12:56 pm Dad tells his daughter “Stay where you are. We are coming to get you!”
1:15 pm Family prayer around, Mom, dad and Baby
1:24 pm Mom calls her friend Dawn to share the news as she called her moments before she walked down the aisle to get married. Just felt right to share this life event again.
1:32 pm Mom, dad, and grandma go back to meet this sweet baby girl
1:52pm Cesarean Started
1:59 pm Welcome to the World Baby Girl! 7lbs 5 ounces, 19 inches long, 13 ½ inches head. APGARS 8.9.9. Dr. Henderson was adamant about making sure that everyone looked at the digital clock – otherwise you would have been born at 2:00pm.
2:00 pm Placenta delivers
2:40 pm Cesarean done. Grandma returns and explains, “She’s the most beautiful girl.”
2:44 pm Mom and baby back in the room
3:15 pm Mom and baby snuggle skin to skin and baby nurse a little. “Look how pretty those eyes are! You are so pretty” Dad whispers to his daughter
3:43 pm Baby’s first bath with the nursery nurse, Cher
4:15 pm Vanessa leaves to let this new family of three get to know each other.
While mommy recovered I played with daddy, Grandma and grandpa Wheeler and Cody. And Deena came back to see that I was all ok, we kinda gave her a little scare when I was in mommy’s tummy. Later on that day, they moved us into room # it would be our home for the next couple of days.
The first night I slept with my mommy and daddy but the next 2 nights, they wanted me to meet new friends so I got to go play in the nursery. It was way too much fun there.
0 comments:
Post a Comment